"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood

Brashares, Ann. The Second Summer of the Sisterhood. NY: Random House, 2003. 373 pages. (Fiction Series)

The book I read was The Second Summer of the Sisterhood, by Ann Brashares. The main characters are Bridget, who goes to Alabama; Carmen, who stays in her home town, Washington D.C.; Tibby, who goes to a college up in Virginia; and Lena who also stays in her home town, Washington D.C. Once again, they all get spread apart, except for Carmen and Lena. So, the pants do their magic again. What I mean by that is, in the first book they were shopping at a thrift store and found a pair of pants that fit them all perfectly, they were all going to be some where else over the summer, so they decided to send the pants to each other over the summer. In the novel, Bridget finds notes written to her from her grandmother that her father has been hiding so she wouldn’t go, because he doesn’t like Bridget’s grandmother, he’s wife’s mother. When Bridget finds the letters, though, she is off on another adventure.

Tibby is now in a college in Williamston, Virginia. And when it comes to making a movie she is excited and ready for ideas. She then decides to make a funny movie about her mother, and when her mother sees it… it’s another whole story. Carmen is recently dating Porter and her mom is now dating David. Then Carmen starts to think that her mother is making a fool of herself over a guy, because she was jealous in a way that her mother had such a perfect relationship and she didn’t. She thinks of something to do about it. Lena hasn’t exactly gotten over Kostos yet, even though she broke up with him. And when he comes into town from Greece, for business, she absolutely explodes.

I think I’m most like Tibby because I love to make movies. I don’t have a video camera, but I do have a camera and a place on my computer where I can make slide show movies. The book was a magnificent book in my opinion and I hope you read it and like it too.

Reviewed by: Mator1313