"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2008

I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You

Carter, Ally. I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You. NY: Hyperion Paperbacks, 2007. 284 pages. (Mystery)

The main character in this book is Cammie, a teenage girl who goes to Gallagher Academy! This is actually an all girl’s spy school! Gallagher is where most of the story takes place (since no one is allowed to leave the school). The problem Cammie faces is that she falls for a guy when out on a mission. Also she will never get to see him again, and he’ll never know who she really is. Cammie solves this problem by telling him her real feelings and who she really is. When her Mom finds out, she gives him a special forgetting tea potion, and he forgets all about her. Other interesting things that happened in the book are that Cammie and her friends are taking a special course called CoveOps. This class involves going on spy missions.

I would highly recommend this book to any other girl my age because it is exciting and keeps you in suspense the whole way. I probably wouldn’t share this with my parents, because they probably wouldn’t find it as interesting as girls my age would. I would definitely read another book by this author because she captured the events in the book wonderfully. If I were to give this book a one word label, it would be AWESOME because she describes everything in this book so well! In 10 words, I would describe the novel by saying: this book is fantabulous, awesome, cool, terrific, amazing, and superb because it rocks out loud!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed by: Doodles33