"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2008

True Fans

Austin, Dan. True Fans. Guilford: Lyons Press, 2005. 214 pages. (Sports Fiction)

I read the book True Fans by Dan Austin for my book reveiw. There are three main characters, Dan, his brother Jared, and a friend named Clint. The three men are basketball super fans. They decide to hop on their bikes and ride across the country with a basketball in hopes of getting it signed from people from all over the country and then submit it to the Basketball Hall of Fame. They are equipped with a trailer full of peanut butter and a Spalding basketball. Along the way, they meet some friendly people and have great adventures. Having nowhere to stay, they sometimes had to settle for camping on a random yard! Having heard of this amazing journey, some strangers opened up their doors to feed the three men. After traveling forty-eight hundred miles, they finally arrived at the Basketball Hall of Fame. [The basketball was added to the hall of fame’s permanent selection.]

I thought this was a great book because I thought it was amazing that this was actually a true story. I also enjoyed this book because I love to read sports books. If I had to rate this book on a scale of one to ten, I would have to give it a10. I selected this book because it was recommended by another reader. After reading this book, I will definitely be looking to read another documentary book.

Reviewed by: SF42lax