"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2008

Anastasia

Nicholaievna, Anastasia. Anastasia. New York: Scholastic Inc, 2000. 220 pages.
(Historical Fiction)

Anastasia is obviously the main character. She also has three sisters, Olga, Marie(Mashka), and Tatiana. As well as a brother, Alexie, Who is the youngest of the five children. After four girls, the country was releived to have finally had a new tsarevitch or the next tsar or King. There is also her father, Tsar Nicholas II and of course her mother. The story takes place mainly in Tsaskoe Selo, which means the tsars village where their main palace is. They also are in other palaces and on some of their cruise ships. Anastasia is different from Olga, Tatiana and Mashka. She is more outgoing and is always “apalling” to her mother, aunt, and grandmother. Alexie is also very outgoing, but his illness causes every little cut or bruise to bleed and bleed. His mother is very careful with him, but Alexie just wants to have fun. There is a war against Germany, but I won’t tell you who wins.

I got this book from the our library. I selected the book because I had seen the movie, and I knew it would be even better because it was written by Anastasia herself. I would recommend this book to other girls because it is about a girl around my age and I can relate to some of the feelings she has throughout the book.

Reviewed by: FizzyJunior31