"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2008

The Journal of Patrick Seamus Flaherty

White, Ellen. The Journal of Patrick Seamus Flaherty. NY: Scholastic Inc, 2002. 188 pages. (Historical Fiction)

This book is very exciting; I love the middle of the book the best because that is when the soldiers are in war. Some of the characters were Rotgut, Bebop, Hollywood, Shadow, Professor, and Mighty Mouse (Patrick). This book takes place in Vietnam. Patrick and his squad face a lot of problems. Most of the problems are solved by battle. One problem happened too fast because a rocket hit the tent they were in and the squad was airlifted to the hospital, then home. Shadow is most like me because I love sneaking around. I like to spy at night with my cousins. This is the best book I have ever read because it is in a war and is very descriptive.

Reviewed by: ???