"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2008

High School Musical

Barsocchini, Peter. High School Musical. New York: Disney Enterprises Inc, 2005. 140 pages. (Fiction / Humor)

The book I read was High School Musical and the main characters are Troy, Gabriella, Taylor, Zeke, Martha, Chad, Jason, Sharpe, Ryan, Troy’s parents, Sharpe’s parents, and Kelsey. The story takes place in a resort in the mountains. The problem that they face was that Sharpe and Ryan want to steal the show that Gabriella and Troy were working so hard on. The characters Taylor, Chad, the Decathlon team, and the basketball team made Troy and Gabriella not do the show by saying bad stuff. Troy and Gabriella do the show and they win the parts in the production, and they rocked the house. Also, the characters were all friends and Troy doesn’t want the basketball team, the Wildcats, to know about his singing with Gabriella. Another interesting thing that happened in this story was that Troy loses his playing skills when Gabriella says she’s not going the show and some of the students at the school confess some of the things that they didn’t want their friends to know about, but they say them at lunch anyway.

I selected this book because I love High School Musical, so I started to read it, and it wasn’t anything like the movie that I. I also selected this book because it looked funny and I saw the movie and I wanted to see if there was something new in the book. There wasn’t anything different at all between the book and the movie. The character that I despised is Sharpe because she’s so mean to Gabriella and all her friends. Also, another reason that I despise Sharpe is that she thinks that she’s all perfect and a goody, goody; awesome, cool, sweet, romantic, depressing, lovely, interesting, incredible, radical, and totally funny.

Reviewed by: Camille