"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2009

Speak

Anderson, Laurie. Speak. New York City: Penguin Group, 1999. 198 pages. (Fiction)

It happened in A, at an end of the summer senior party. Melinda and her friends were going into ninth grade. Melinda was drunk. She went outside and came back a different person. Nobody knows but her and him...
Now Melinda is in ninth grade. She has no friends, and almost everyone hates her. Her grades have dropped from straight Bs to Fs. She’s is letting the past tear apart her future. Is there a way back?


This book was so deep and emotional, and written so well I actually felt like what had happened in the book had happened to me. I was kind of shaken up (I know that probably sounds weird). Believe me when I say that LAURIE HALSE ANDERSON IS AN INCREDIBLE WRITER!!!!!!!!!!! If you don’t read this book, you will have missed out on a truly amazing book!

Reviewed by: DancingPenguin96