"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Kinney, Jeff. Diary of a Wimpy Kid. NY: Amulet Books, 2007. 217 pages. (Graphic Novel / Humor)

I just read Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and it makes a lot more sense now because the first book I read was the second not the first book. The main character is Greg Heffley and deals with all his problems at school. The story mostly takes place at his house and school. The main problem Greg faces is beginning middle school and putting up with bullies and teachers. He ends up getting through it with his best friend Rowley at his side because when you do something with your best friends, they help you a lot through problems and situations. In Diary of a wimpy there are several events and activities that occurred in his school like one is a school play. Greg’s mom made him try out for the play which was a bit weird because some parts weren’t even in the movie. He made it as a tree, but only because so many people wanted to try out and the director said everyone would get a part, so she had to start making up parts. Another event that occurred was that Greg and his best friend went trick or treating and boy was that a funny story but you’ll have to read to find out about that one. One more event was there was this cheese and it was very moldy and if you were to touch it you would what is called the cheese touch and no one would get near you. The To find out how Greg gets rid of it, you have to read it.

I think I’m like Greg because my friends are weird too, and my mom is always telling me to try new things, which is not bad, but can get very annoying. I really did enjoy this book because it was very funny and I want to keep reading this series and can’t wait to read the next novel Diary of a Wimpy Kid the Last Straw, or at least that’s what I think its called. I really enjoyed this book because it was funny and very entertaining. My favorite part was when Halloween came it was the best and the most funny part. I would recommend this book to anyone who would love a couple of good laughs and a fun time reading a great book.

Reviewed by: TTYL1234