"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Football Genius

Green, Tim. Football Genius. NY: HarperCollins, 2007. 244 pages. (Sports Fiction)

This story is about a young twelve year old boy named Troy White. Troy isn’t just a regular boy, he has a special talent. He can predict football plays before they happen, and he tries to use it to his own advantage. He lives in Atlanta, Georgia, the home of his favorite football team, the Atlanta Falcons. Troy’s home is next to a famous football player’s house, named Seth Halloway. Troy’s mom has just got the job of Public Relations for the Atlanta Falcons. Troy thinks that this is the perfect chance for him to show what he can do. Troy’s enemy just happens to be a Dallas Cowboy fan, named Jamie Renfro. Troy has to deal with Jamie starting quarter back on his school football team, and he has to convince Seth that he can predict football plays. Troy finally gets Seth to listen, but now the coaches don’t believe him. But the Head Coach, Coach McFadden realizes that Troy has a special ability, and then fires Coach Crock who was trying to get Troy’s mom fired.

I selected this book because I am a real sports fan and as soon as I read the back cover of the book, it grabbed me instantly. It was also given to me as a gift by my grandmother and was personally signed by Tim Green himself which interested me even more in reading the book. After each chapter, I wanted to read more and more, and I could not but the book down.

Reviewed by: HockeySnipper13