"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Among The Hidden

Haddix, Margaret. Among The Hidden. NY: Aladdin Paperbacks, 1998. 153 pages. (Sci-Fi Series)

The book I have chosen to do for my book review number is Among The Hidden. This book takes place on a farm. The characters in the story are Luke and Jen. The problem in the story is that Luke wants to be a normal person like his brothers, but he can’t. Luke is a third child, and the government won’t allow three children in a family. Contractors started coming and building a new development near Luke’s house. Soon families start moving into the new development. Luke studies the houses and families very carefully. After awhile Luke came up with a name for each family in the new development. One day after everybody in the “Sports Family” leaves the house, he sees a face in the window; Luke has to investigate. One day when his mom, dad, and brothers were away, he snuck over to the house where he saw the face and it turns out that she was another third child. Her name is Jen, and she is planning a raid so all the third children in the world could be free. Will Jen’s plan work and will Jen and Luke ever be free?
I chose this book for my book review because it looked interesting. Also some of my friends recommended it to me. They told me what it was about and that they liked it. I wouldn’t recommend it to someone who doesn’t like to read, but I thought it was a pretty good book.

Reviewed by: Sally56