"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2008

Twister Summer

Robert, Willo. Twister Summer. NY: Simon Pulse,1998. 190 pages. (Mystery)

The book I selected was Twisted Summer. It’s about a girl named Cici, who can’t wait for summer to start. She is so excited because she is going to one of her childhood hideouts: Crystal Lake. Little did she know that this summer was going to change her life. She finds out that one girl and two boys died at the camp. These were kids that she had grown up with at this lake. Everyone thought that this one guy killed them, but Cici doesn’t believe that he was the actual guy. So, she started to investigate. Cici has a hard time believing what she has uncovered. The killer could be someone close to her, a friend, maybe even someone in her family! She must be on the right track because she now becomes the murder target!

This book is very interesting. I really enjoyed it. I don’t really have an interest in these types of books but wanted to try it anyways. I usually read books that aren’t really serious. But, I still liked it. I give it a 7 ½ because it’s not really the type of book that I would normally get.

Reviewed by: PradaPanda