"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2008

Prince Caspian

Lewis, C.S. Prince Caspian. NY: Harper Collins, 1959. 223 pages. (Fantasy Series)

This fantastic book is a true masterpiece. Prince Caspian is the fourth book in The Chronicles of Narnia. Since I knew that a motion picture based on this book was going to be released, I decided that I should read the book before I see it. I am so glad that I did. The book is about a young prince whose parents are dead, and so he lives with his uncle, the false king of Narnia. This book takes place many years after Peter, Lucy, Susan, and Edmund were last in Narnia even though for them it had only been a year in their land. Narnia is now inhabited by mainly humans or Telmarines instead of the original inhabitants, or the talking animals and other fantastic creatures. The original king and queens of Narnia must now come and aid Caspian and his few dwarves and beasts. If you loved The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, then you are sure to love this book. (Fantasy)

Reviewed by: SuperReader 22