"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Outsiders - Reviews

Hinton, S.E. The Outsiders. New York: Penguin Group, 1995. 180 pages. (General Fiction)

This book deals all the struggles the greasers and the socs go through with each other. This book tells of two different lifestyles mixing and fighting for the right to call their group better than the other. S.E. Hinton uses the slang of 1960s to write an interesting book that tells so much about the lives of the two groups and the people living in then. This book is very well written and it will suck you into it, as though you’re there living side by side with the characters doing what they do.

Reviewed by: ME

"The Outsiders is a quick read because it is a book that will make you not want to put down."

- Jazzy G

“I thought that The Outsiders was an excellent book. It felt like I was actually there. Anyway I loved the book and I think it’d be great for anyone to read.”

- Jodancer6696

I liked this book because it was exciting and riveting. S.E. Hinton wrote this book with amazing detail and you never expected what was coming around the corner. The only part I didn’t like was when she went into great detail about how the Socs jumped the Greasers. I thought that was a little too violent, and I didn’t need to know everything that she told us. I would give this book a 8 out of ten because she gave too much detail and there was no main problem. I think if the book focused on one main thing instead of jumping around from problem to problem, it would be much better.

- Garfield3

I think that there is a lot of action in this book that makes a reader not want to but down the book. This is one of a few books that I have liked and not wanted to put down. I give very high credit to this author!

- Foroutthou13

Being a girl, this is not the kind of book I usually read. I’m into the diaries of princesses and girls from some of the most important time periods in history. I also like action books about mythological creatures. Perhaps you have heard of The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill (reviews available). That is one of my all time favorite books. S.E. Hinton’s Outsiders was a good book, but too violent for me. I would give it two stars because I didn’t like the style, and it was very violent.

- FizzyJunior31