"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Fall of Reach

Nylund, Eric. The Fall of Reach. New York: Random House Publishing Group, 2001. 340 pages. (Sci-Fi)

Lieutenant Keyes, Lieutenant Keyes what do you see?
I see John playing by me.
John, John what do you see?
I see doctor Halsey playing with me.
Dr. Halsey, Dr. Halsey what do you see?
I see Chief Mendez training Spartans for me.
Chief Mendez, Chief Mendez what do you see?
I see Spartans all around me.
Spartan, Spartan what do you see?
I see John leading for me.
John, John what do you see?
I see Covenant soldiers dying from me.
Covenant, Covenant what do you see?
I see a war between humanity and me.
Humanity, Humanity what do you see?
I see John protecting me.
John, John what do you see?

I would tell anyone who has ever played Halo to read it, mostly because you have to know a little bit about the game to understand parts of it. I would and have read another book by this author. If I was to sum this story up in one word, I would use “Epic” because it is a really awesome book with a climactic ending.

Reviewed by: Pink cheese cake