"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How My Private Personal Journal Became a Bestseller

DeVillers, Julia. How My Private Personal Journal Became a Bestseller. NY: Puffin Books, 2004. 212 pages. (Fiction)

I choose the book , ‘How My Private Personal Journal Became a Bestseller’. It is about a normal, everyday fourteen year old girl named Jameson Bartlett (Jamie for short) whose life is forever changed since she wrote a bestselling novel. This was never planned. You see, Jamie was just a student writing an English assignment when her best friend, Harmony, accidently handed in her journal instead of her English assignment. Her journal entry contained a story about Isabella (a.k.a. IS), the girl who destroys snobby, popular people with her legendary ‘Flick’. When Jamie’s English teacher sent her journal to be published, the once ordinary Jamie Bartlett becomes the celebrity of Whittaker High! But will Jamie forget that there is more to life than fame or will she let it all go to her head and loose her friends on the way?

I loved this book. It very inspiring read teaches that any outsider or victim of a bully can take control of any situation by being brave and believing in themselves. This book was very interesting to me once I started to read it I could not put it down. I give this funny and motivating story a nine.

Reviewed by : Figur8girl4ever