"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2009

The DaVinci Code

Brown, Dan. The DaVinci Code. New York: Random House, 2003. 739 pages. (Mystery)

Robert Langdon is a symbologist at Harvard University. He was supposed to meet Jacques Sauniere for a discussion and drinks one evening. Sauniere never showed up. That’s because Jacques Sauniere was murdered at 10:46 P.M. that night in the Louvre Museum in Paris. With him disappeared a powerful secret… or did he find a way to pass it on?

Follow this intricate story as it weaves through history and a mystery. Code after code, this book is anything but predictable. Every sentence made me want to find out the solution even more, and the end was certainly not disappointing. I even think (and this is really hard for me to say) that The DaVinci Code is better than the Twilight series. This book does have some violence and grotesque details, so beware of that. When I say this, I truly mean it: this is my favorite book I have ever read! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed By: DancingPenguin96