"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The BFG

Dahl, Roald. The BFG. New York: Puffin Books, 1982. 208 pages. (Fantasy)

The BFG is a great book; it makes you want to keep reading all night long. The main characters are Sophie, the BFG (big friendly giant), the bad giants, and the Queen of England. This story takes place around London, and in the giant world. Sophie faces a huge problem: she needs to get back to her world because the BFG snatched her when she was spying on him. She needs to stop the giants from eating more human. Sophie has a plan to put the giants in a giant hole, so they can’t get out. The hole will be over 500 feet deep. One of the most amazing parts in this book is when the army went to giant land with the BFG and picked up the giants and put the giants in the big hole.

I found this book at my house and I remembered that this was a great book. My 4th grade teacher read this to me. I enjoyed this book so much, I really wanted to buy it. I would read any book from this author if I saw one of his other books.

Reviewed by: Mastercraft