"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Turkey That Ate My Father

Marney, Dean. The Turkey That Ate My Father. NY: Broadway, 1995. 115 pages. (Humor)

The book is about a little girl about ten years old, her father, and her brother Booker. It all started when Booker wanted a stupid drum stick and he couldn’t have it, so then he grabbed it and got it anyway. After that weird things started to happen- again. It seems like every holiday that Elizabeth’s family is involved in, things go weird. One day Elizabeth’s dad goes missing. It was on Thanksgiving and they think that the giant turkey in their living room might have something to do with it. So, did the turkey eat their father or not? It’s a mystery.


I think that Booker is like my three year old sister  because if she doesn’t get what she wants, she will either take it or just cry until she gets it. I would recommend this book to a younger kid because its all fiction and it’s a mystery book . The scene that had the greatest impact on me as a reader was when the turkey that was giant was standing in the living room and that’s when their dad went missing. Once again I would recommend this book to younger children.

Reviewed by: CookieMonster