"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

LOSER

Spinelli, Jerry. LOSER. New York: Harper Collins, 2003. 218 pages. (Humor/Fiction)


The main character in my story is a kid named Donald Zinkoff. This story takes place at John W. Satterfield Elementary. The problem in this story is that Zinkoff is never a winner, and an example of him never being a winner is when he was in fourth grade at the field days. How he wasn’t a winner was that in the final race of the field days he was the last leg to run, and he was the first one to start running toward the finish line but he ended coming in dead last. How he goes about solving this problem is not by becoming a winner but never losing hope in himself, and by trying new things no matter if he losses or not.

How I felt about this book was I thought that it was very well written and explained. The character that I think is most like me in this book is Zinkoff. I think this because in one of the chapters Zinkoff had gotten sugary and had to stay home for three weeks and he wasn’t allowed out of the house. He is like me because while he was in the house he got very bored and wanted to go outside and that is the same way I would feel if I was cooped up inside of the house for three weeks. Also there are many other books written by Jerry Spinelli and I would most defiantly read another book by this author because I really enjoyed reading Loser so I think I will enjoy others by him.

Reviewed By: Anawanasakian