"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

When You Reach Me

Stead, Rebecca. When You Reach Me. New York: Wendy Lamb Books. 2009. 197 pages. (Science fiction, mystery fiction)

A young and innocent sixth grader, Miranda walks home from school with her best friend Sal. They pass by a garage and out comes a group of boys. Marcus, one of those boys walks toward them and gives Sal a good hard punch for absolutely no reason. After that weird things happen. The spare key to her Miranda’s mom’s apartment is gone and she keeps finding notes that say, “I am coming to save your friends life and my own but first you must write me a letter.” Miranda soon realizes that it’s up to her to save someone’s life. If only she had written sooner.

When You Reach Me is a really good book. I’m not really big on mysteries, but it was just really great. The end is the best part when things unravel and you find yourself going, “Ohhh, I see.” The way the author sets up the story is totally cool. I loved this book, and I think anyone should read it.

By: Peacelvr52