"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Time For Dancing

Hurwin, Davida Wills. A Time For Dancing. New York: Penguin Groups, 1995. 257 pages. (Realistic Fiction)

Samantha and Julie have been best friends forever. The power and spirit of dancing has formed a bond between them nothing and no one could break. So bring on senior year, bring on college, anything. As long as they have each other, nothing could ever be impossible. But then, Julie is diagnosed with cancer. And the doctors are certain there is no cure. So Sam and Julie must face the hardest thing that has ever been thrown at them, saying goodbye.

This book is beautifully written. The author does a magnificent job describing the friendship between the girls. It’s a great novel. I especially loved this novel because it helped me. My great grandfather recently died of cancer. This book helped me understand that he never really left me, and that he is still with my everyday. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone I know.

Reviewed by: JustGuess☺