"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Child Called It

Pelzer, Dave. A Child Called It. NY: HCI, 1995. 200 pages. (Non fiction)

A Child Called It was one sad story. Besides getting being beaten, Dave was forced to eat his own vomit, swallow soap, ammonia, and Clorox. This was just the beginning of his mother's torture. Dave's childhood wasn't always a nightmare. There were the good years in the beginning of Dave’s life. By the age of 4 these feelings were replaced with fear, starvation and lowliness.

I would recommend someone to read A Child Called It because is not all about the beaten, it's more about how selfish and cruel people can be. I first got my hands on this book from my mom. I heard about the book all the time, and I was dying to read it when my mom finished reading it.

Review By: Fate