"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tunnels

Gordon, Roderick and Williams, Brian. Tunnels. Somerset: Chicken House, 2007. 472 pages. (Adventure Series)


“Tunnels” by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams is about a fourteen-year-old boy named Will Burrows who lives in Highfield, England. He has little in common with his family, though he does share one bond with his father: an obsession with archeological digs. Then one day his dad vanishes. Will and his friend Chester embark on a dangerous underground odyssey in which they stumble upon an entire civilization that has secretly been thriving beneath modern-day England. But as they continue their search for Will’s father, they learn about the dark society which rules over the underground Colony, the Styx, and their plot to wipe out the entire population above ground.


I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a good adventure novel. The reading level is rather advanced, so it is a junior-high-and-up kind of read. I selected this book when I saw it in a Scholastic book order in fourth grade. Its cover caught my eye, so I read a few pages and I was hooked. All in all, I greatly enjoyed this book.

Reviewed by: Chebubka99