"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Creech, Sharon. Heartbeat. Harper Trophy Publishers, 2005. 180 pages. (Fiction / Poem Review)


Happy about the alien baby!
Enchanting, it kept me reading!
Apple drawings for 100 days
Running and running just for fun
Track for Max, running to win
Breathe taking pages
Eating the apple, but still drawing it!
Alien baby was born!!
Track for Annie? Will she join?

The reason I chose this book is because I wanted to find out what the apple on the front meant! I really enjoyed this book! One thing I wanted to find out but I didn’t was why Annie’s grandfather quit running! That is why I kept reading I wondered if it would tell me at the end! What also kept me reading was if Annie was going to take Max’s advice for joining the track team! If you want to know you will have to read the book!! I hope you enjoy it was much as I did!!

Reviewed by: KaseyAtBat