"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Among the Hidden

Haddix, Margaret Peterson. Among the Hidden. New York: Aladdin Paperbacks, 1998.146 pages. (Sci-Fi Series)

In a future America lived a boy named Luke, a third child who has never talked to anyone other than his family: his mother, father, and two brothers Mathew and Mark. The problem that Luke faces was that he is an illegal third child. The government put down a law that there can only be two children in a family, and if Luke gets caught by the Population Police then he would be killed. He solves his problem be making the right chooses and talking to the right people. One of my favorite parts in the book is the climax. I never want to put the book down when I am at that part in the book because I want to know what happens next.

I think that I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn’t like to read a lot because I don’t, but this book changed that. I liked reading this book because it felt like you were actually in the book watching Luke’s adventures even though you are only reading a story. I would also recommend this book to anyone who likes to be surprised because this book has a lot of surprises.

Reviewed by: Kermit96