"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

Learning to Breathe Again

Trent, Tammy. Learning to Breathe Again. NYC: Thomas Nelson, 224 pages. (Non-Fiction / Self Help)

The book Learning to Breathe Again is a biography about the life of Tammy Trent, a Christian singer. The main charters are Tammy, Trent Tammy’s husband, and their families and friends. This book has a lot of settings because it is a bibliography. A lot of it took place in Hawaii though. Tammy’s husband Trent died in Hawaii on a cruise. He went scuba diving and never came back up. Tammy had to try solving this problem by moving on and becoming a Christian singer. I myself have met her in person and have gone to a few of her concerts. The day before Trent died; they were talking about having kids. Trent proposed to Tammy with a Happy Meal at McDonalds. The girls who worked there all knew what was going on, so they were all laughing and smiling at Trent. Tammy thought they were flirting with him, so she got really angry. I mean until she found the ring. Tammy Trent had to change her name, so she took his first name as a last name.

The charter that I liked most and look up to was Tammy, because she has a lot of perseverance. I myself know what it feels like to lose someone so close to you: my mom died when I was only about four years old. My whole family including my new mom helped me right through this. I would recommend this book to anyone in the mood for a sad, happy, heart breaking, and most amazing book.

Reviewed By: Reed254