"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Closer Than Ever

Gunn Jones, Robin. Closer Than Ever. MN: Minneapolis, 1955. 152 pages. (Romance)

Sierra Jensen and her dearest friend are celebrating their graduation from Christen high school, and they all are accepted to Rancho Corona University. Sierra’s friend Paul, is coming to Sierra’s graduation. Paul and Sierra were very close friends for a long time. Did their likes grew into love?



Everything was going perfect, the lobster was cooking, Sierra’s friends were decorating Sierra’s house, and Sierra’s brothers went mini golfing so that they can’t mess up the party. But the only thing that was missing is Paul! Where is Paul? Sierra was having a felling that something bad happened to Paul. Sierra older sister and Paul’s older brother went to the airport to see if Paul was there waiting for a ride to Sierra’s house. But he wasn’t there! Is Paul kidnapped, killed or ever in the hospital? Sierra didn’t know what to do, and the party has to start! Everyone in the house went down to their knees, and prayed so that Paul is safe.

A lot of the things that happened in the book happened in my life, like when Sierra was waiting for Paul come to the graduation, she was praying to God that Paul is all right and safe. My family and I were waiting for my cousin, Natalya to come our house but her airplane wasn’t there, went my dad got there! My dad called home and told my family that Natalya wasn’t there. So my grandpa made my whole family go on our knees, and pray that she would show up. And she showed up about 2 am.

DeanMyers