"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shug

Han, Jenny. Shug. N.Y.: Simon and Schuster Children’s Publishing, April 25, 2006. 256pages. (Realistic Fiction / Romance)

The book I chose to read is Shug by Jenny Han. Shug’s real name is Annemarie Wilcox. But her mom, dad and sister call her Shug. They call her that because it’s short for sugar and it means “sugar and spice and everything nice” and lots of mothers call their babies Shug. This story takes place in Clementon, New Jersey and it was the end of summer and they’re beginning school, seventh grade actually. The problem Annemarie faces is she is in love with her life-time friend, Mark Findley. She has to go about this “problem” while Jack Connelly, the boy she’s hated for quite some years, was bothering her.

If you want to know the ending, read this book, ‘cause I’m not giving the rest away. I selected this book from a book order, and I’m glad I did. It’s my new favorite book. This book makes you want to keep reading, and reading, and reading.

Reviewed by: Tinkerbell14