"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" ~Groucho Marx

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dial-a-Ghost.

Ibbotson, Eva. Dial-a-Ghost. NY: Puffin Books, 2004, 224 pages. (Mystery)

Oliver is an orphan who
Lives in a place called Helton Hall.
Instead of being happy for getting out of the orphanage, he is scared and
Very upset.
Even though he has a HUGE house all to himself! Or so he thinks.
Revenge is the only thing Oliver’s cousin can think about since they had wanted to own Helton. To scare Oliver off, they ordered the

Shriekers. The Shriekers are so terrible that they kill children and animals!
Meanwhile, Oliver is trying to settle in at Helton. He is scared and upset,
In his bedroom in the clock tower. His cousins insisted that he should have it.
Then the most wonderful thing happened. Oliver did not receive the
Horrible Shriekers, but instead he got the kind and loving family, the Wilkinsons!

I would recommend this book to all people, big and small! This book does not look that good on the outside, but on the inside, it is a whole new world! Trust me, when I first looked at this book I was like “I am not reading this! It does not look very good.” Then one day I was so board that I picked up the book and began reading! I liked it so much that I could not stop! That goes to show you, NEVER judge a book by its cover! If I was to give this book a one word label I would say, UNEXPECTED!!!!!! This book had such a good ending but it was so unexpected. So if you want to know what does on between the Wilkinson’s, the Shrieker’s, and Oliver, you will just have to read this book!

Reviewed by. Bluegoo32